Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Rooms in Volga

You might have read this poem on my other blog, but it is a poem very dear to me and so I decided this is going to be my  first creative writing post. I wrote the poem in the summer of 2000, when school was delayed with a month and there were water restrictions in town. At the time, I was living in a dorm named Volga in room 308. This wasn't the first room I stayed in not the last, but for some reason it is the only one I can remember. My best friend was also my first room-mate and she is still my best friend today even if we don't see or hear each other as often as we want. This poem is dedicated to her. Thank you for everything Blerta. I love you.

Rooms in Volga, people on the lobby,
My room messy 6 days a week, my roommates,
Cosmetics all over the place, too many of them
For more than 3 women.
Sun glasses on the fridge, and lights on all the time…
Empty plastic bottles in the bathroom,
Waiting to be filled with water that comes
Once a day between 5 and 10pm.
Undone beds and cloths all over,
Pictures on my desk, with two different guys;
Both of them Scorpios and blue-eyed.
Omi, my animal-toy, somewhere in the bed
That is like a boat and makes me think
I'll get seasick one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment