Saturday, March 12, 2011

A.M.

One night, while I was still in university, I could not sleep - heart aches always keep me awake and get me thinking or make me get a pen and paper and write. This is the result of that particular night, a poem called a.m..

a.m.

    2am
    I am alone in my room
    Music keeps me company.
    My life passes through my mind.
    No roommates tonight,
    Don't know where they are.
    They cannot replace you.
    We talk every day.
    2 people
    In 2 different countries
    And the phone between us.
    Right now we have a relationship over the phone
    That became part of us.
    We both work a lot
    And days pass by quicker,
    But I miss you so much.
    "I love you" you tell me every day
    I reply even though your love
    Is so much stronger than mine.
    Sometimes I feel I don't deserve you.

    3am
    I cannot sleep
    I'm still thinking about you
    You'll come visit in 2 weeks,
    And I can hardly wait to see you.
    I miss you arms around me.
    I miss you lips on mine.
    I miss your body next to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment